June Round up
Month in the life of Sooz Gordon Designs:
- Brooke Bond Tea 1930’s enamel sign, what a find in a local skip. Thankfully I didn’t need to fish it out or spend hours fixing it to my kitchen wall. This image doesn’t give a true size it is nearly as big as me. I love old signage, and we have had some good finds of late from skips. So long may it continue.
- Loading up the plants at Turriff’s, we had a good stint of sunshine in June so off to the garden centre we went one Sunday morning and had a lovely black pudding and egg roll at Jessie’s Kitchen before we got planting.
- Spex Pistols, I am going to be helping Richard out in his shop a bit more. Just in time as we are in process of planning something special in the month of July. See further down.
- As part of my job at Angus Council as an Arts Facilitator, I devise and delivery various arts based projects in schools. This image is the results of a healthy eating themed workshop. I was keen to incorporate my background in Interior design, so I asked the pupils to design their own wallpaper with simple fruit and vegetable relief prints. I can honestly say some of them could have been commissioned as a wallpaper design.
- Cushion commission, really enjoyed making this one-off design. I used a lovely bright pink wool and the owner is very happy. June was the month that my cushions ranges were stocked by Lovely Things in Dundee and Jessie’s Kitchen in Broughty Ferry.
- First time using a laser cutting machine and loved what it can do. These are some of the materials being used in the Design Drop in workshops, part of V&A Dundee’s first community engagement project “Living Room for the City” you can see more on the blog post via the link.
- Keep Sunday 20th July free as the Worlds Smallest Street Market will be taking place on Johnston’s Lane home to Spex Pistols (for more information follow the link above) really looking forward to this event that has been a great collaboration of creative minds. Look forward to seeing you there. See Spex Pistols Facebook for more details during the lead up to the event.