August Round Up
Round up of a month in the life of SGD:
- New website is live: www.soozgordondesigns.com hopefully you will find it easy to navigate and will allow me to update you with all that is happening professionally
- Was asked by Literary Dundee, to style a poetry stage they were hosting in Baxter Park, it was a great day and throughly enjoyed an afternoon listening to local poets.
- My friend Anna is getting married this month (September) Cara (Anna’s Sister) and I are her bridesmaids, so we were tasked with organising the hen party. I thought Spex Pistols would be a great location for a photo shoot and Richard Cook the owner of the shop, was delighted to have us along. He captured the mood and we have a great pictures to reminisce with. We then went on to have a lovely meal at the Parlour, we all thoroughly enjoyed our Dundee Hen Party.
- Last of the garden’s hydrangeas, the blue has turned into a gorgeous purple colour, and look perfect in my growing collection of vintage Keiller’s marmalade ceramic pots.
- Newest resident of SGC HQ, this is Bogey who is very timid but loves her black sheepskin rug, and is making herself at home, much to the other cat (Winnie) disgust!
- Living Room for the City Exhibition was held at the Hannah Maclure Centre, Dundee. The exhibition showcased the lights that were created at the various community centre workshops we ran in July. It was great to see familiar faces again and round up the first community engagement project with V&A Dundee.
- Grand Master Flash came to Dundee, and did not disappoint, it felt like a school disco as lots of faces from growing up and going to gigs in Dundee. It was a great crowd and I think we showed GMF Dundee is the place to be!